Unreasonable East Africa supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in East Africa. Each year, we run two 10-month programs, the start of a 4 year partnership with each entrepreneur and their business. Over the next few years we plan to launch additional programs to grow more businesses in East Africa. Central to the success of our programs is recruiting the best entrepreneurs from Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya. This role will lead on the sourcing and recruiting of these entrepreneurs and businesses. Some of these entrepreneurs apply directly to us, while we source the rest through our events. partners, alumni, and network.
Our approach to recruitment is soft selling and extremely relational. We invest time in getting to know the entrepreneur and their business, including and their aspirations, strengths, opportunities and needs. The focus is to ensure that there is a good fit between the needs of the entrepreneur & company and the design and support that our programs offer.
- Support on the project management of UEA programs. This will involve:
- Support on the planning of the delivery of UEA programs
- Support on the execution of UEA programs
- Lead on the day-to-day logistics of UEA programs
- Company account management and entrepreneurs support.
- Ensure that individual companies have the support that they need from the UEA team and our network of mentors
- Induct entrepreneurs into the program
- Arrange team visits with companies
- Development of program and company recruitment materials.
- Development of program and promotional materials for entrepreneurs, events and social media
- Supporting Program improvement and design You will support the Director of Programs and Programs Manager in the ongoing improvement of our existing program and the design of our new programs
- Supporting UEA’s Monitoring and Evaluation. This will involve:
- Continually evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of our support to entrepreneurs and their businesses in our programs.
- Continually collecting information and key data on the growth and impact of our entrepreneurs and their businesses
- Doing whatever it takes to give an UNREASONABLE advantage to companies. We are a small entrepreneurial team that steps up when there is work to be done. At times, you’ll be expected to work outside of just your role to contribute to our team’s overall efforts.
We want someone who(qualifications)
- You are educated to at least undergraduate degree level
- You have at least 3 years relevant work experience
- You must have at least 1 years experience of living and working in East Africa
Skills + Capabilities
- Project Management. Ability to plan, execute, coordinate projects leading to completion of the work of a team, achieving specific goals and meet specific success criteria in the required time frame
- Building Relationships. Ability to quickly build rapport and engagement with people; Coach and support entrepreneurs to positive change
- Marketing and Communications. Effective communication (understanding audience and communicating effective); Gifted writer and editor, you are able to write and produce and develop materials such as: Program Materials, Newsletters, Social Media, Flyers.
- Program Design. Ability to: Evaluate existing work; Assess needs of our target stakeholders; Develop creative and innovative solutions; and, Develop a method for prototyping, testing and developing new ideas.
- Workshop Facilitation. Ability to design and execute an interactive external or internal workshop
- Business Acumen. Ability to understand how a business operates and makes money, and to proactively anticipate, navigate and leverage trends impacting the business
- Technical IT Experience. Ability to use excel and power point on a daily basis.