BAP is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP offers asset financing directly to the BoP.
To date we’ve disbursed over 3,500 loans that increase income by over 35% for our farming customers. Our portfolio and product offerings are rapidly growing as we add new income-generating agricultural assets each quarter.
We are scaling our operations by growing from our current base of 1,000 customers a year to reach 15,000 in the next three years.
We are dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and moving them out of extreme poverty. Our goal is to reach one million farmers by 2030
About the role
BAP is recruiting a Senior Accounting Associate to help BAP venture through an exciting time of rapid growth and scale throughout Uganda. Over the next three years BAP Finance aims to increase our reach by over ten times our current rate by growing our customer base, adding new products, and opening up new offices. This role will be starting in January 2019 and is based in Gulu, Uganda.
Accounting, you will:
- Manage BAP Finance’s end-to-end accounting process across two branches (and growing) including revenue recognition, expense accounting, cash application, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank statements and loan accounting
- Deliver timely and accurate month close results in Quickbooks, our accounting system, including a monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Review the financial information coming from the operations and credit departments to ensure they are supplying the finance department accurate loan tracking, repayments, and inventory amounts.
Compliance, you will:
- Assist the Heads of Department by reviewing and monitoring consistency in the application of financial policies throughout the organization.
- Support internal financial audits across branches by running spot checks on petty cash and providing the required documentation.
Finance, you will:
- Provide accurate, timely and meaningful financial reports on budgets, outflow and cash flow
- Monitor BAP Finance’s spend against budgets and provide monthly analyses to the Heads of Departments
Does this sound like you?
- Work experience: 2-3 years of professional experience in an accounting position.
- You have a strong understanding of accounting principles as well as Ugandan tax regulation
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Preference for experience in budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
- Passionate about accounting and finance’s impact on corporate strategy and risk-mitigation
- Excited about the growth of BAP and the opportunity to rise through the ranks of the company as it scales
- Strong results in implementing new procedures and financial policies.
- Strong Excel analysis skills with desire to ability to quickly adapt to new reporting or reconciliation techniques
- Hard-working and relentless focus on detail, all the meanwhile ability to be poised under stress, and have fun with the team
- Bachelor’s Degree required, CPA is a plus, but not required
In order to apply for the role, please use the following link to apply: https://www.shortlist.net/webportal/#/job-details/1034